Learn explosive theatre-making skills in East London with The Yard Theatre
Yard Youth is The Yard’s theatre-making programme for 11-15 year olds who want to use their creative powers, express themselves and learn to create amazing theatre.
We meet weekly to explore drama techniques and develop theatre-making skills, to have a lot of fun and share a lot of pizza.
As a group you’ll discover how to shape your craft, investigate different styles of performance and learn about how a professional theatre show is made.
We’re looking for a team of brilliant young people aged 11-15 to work with professionals to play and experiment with theatre-making, develop and refine your drama skills, and share your ideas on The Yard’s stage.
No auditions or previous experience needed, just commitment to having fun and being creative.
We think you’ll get to:
Learn and practice theatre making skills (such as improvisation and movement)
Develop your understanding of how a professional theatre show is made.
Develop your teamwork and communication.
Make new friends and have a lot of fun.
Create some performance to be really proud of.
Eat a lot of pizza.
- Young people aged 11-15 years
- Priority given to young people living or studying in Tower Hamlets and Hackney
- No previous experience needed, and no auditions to take part
- When: Sessions every Monday in term time, 4.45-6.30pm. Pizza from 4.45-5pm.
- Where: Hub67, Hackney Wick, E9 5HA
- Cost: FREE. Travel expenses can be supported.
- Hub67 and The Yard Theatre are both wheelchair accessible
Hub67 has sound baffles on the ceiling to improve noise quality.
We are open to making reasonable adjustments, for example: providing a BSL interpreter for sessions, providing a support worker for certain sessions (inductions, performances etc), providing information in alternative formats.
If you would like to discuss any access needs, please get in touch.
If you’ve got any questions or would like find out more, get in touch with Holly:
- Text/Call/WhatsApp on: 075232 98482
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org