The Yard Theatre and our two community centres, Hub67 and The Hall, are currently closed. We miss you, and we hope you and those you love are staying safe.
But while our spaces may be closed, there’s still plenty going on.
We ran a day long festival of live online events on Sunday 17th May: Yard Online. Thank you to the artists who made new work and the hundreds of audience members who joined us – watch this space for more.
We are continuing to run our Local Programme:
- Yard Young Artists – our programmes for 4 – 19 year olds – are continuing to run online. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our weekly digital art club for ages 7-11 has moved online. Expect weekly videos, photos and tasks once a week, designed so you’ll never need fancy equipment, and always totally free. Find out more here.
- Much of our activity from our community centres The Hall and Hub67 is now taking place online, and we’ll be updating those listings in the next week.
- We are coordinating support for vulnerable residents in Hackney Wick, delivering meals, coordinating food shops, prescription delivery and gas/electric top ups. If you or someone you know could benefit from this service, or you are feeling well and able to volunteer, please contact email@example.com
- We are coordinating a network of local partners in E20 and Hackney Wick to keep supporting our community and responding to this crisis. If you would be interested in joining these conversations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We are cooking up more exciting plans to continue to bring our Theatre and Music & Events programmes to you over the next few months. We’ll keep you up to date on here and on our social media channels, and you can also follow what some of our artists and collaborators are up to over on our blog. If you want to be first to hear our news and updates you can also sign up to our newsletter here.
This is an extraordinary and difficult time for all theatres and community organisations. The closure of our spaces will continue to have a huge impact on our communities, the artists and young people we work with, our staff and freelancers, and the local residents who rely on our services. As a small organisation who largely rely on the income we can generate ourselves, we are in dialogue with Arts Council England and our other partners about the support we will need to survive over the coming months.
We have been hugely grateful to have new sign ups to our Friends and Guardians scheme over the last month. If you would like to join our community of supporters please click here:- Or to make a one-off donation, big or small: https://theyardtheatre.co.uk/support-us/
We’re still here on social media for you to talk to us remotely until we can welcome you back into our spaces. Take care of yourselves and each other.