Please Help The Yard and Hackney Wick’s Covid Recovery
How Can I Donate?
Covid-19 has had huge impacts on children’s wellbeing and mental health: 79% of those we work with are worried things won’t go back to normal; 90% have experienced anxiety, and many have gone days without leaving the house. We believe the power of theatre can help support then to recover from this.
We support young people most likely to miss out on arts and drama opportunities: in 2019-20, 40% of those we worked with were eligible for Pupil Premium and 56% were from global majority backgrounds.
Between 8-15 June, every pound you donate will be DOUBLED and go towarsd the work we do with young people and their families.
Help us reach out target? bit.ly/yardbiggive2021
Why Do We Need Your Help?
We’re working hard to support three key groups:
- Local residents who’ve lost income or still need to shield
- Young people experiencing overwhelming isolation and anxiety over the futures
- Freelance artists and workers who’ve lost income and not been eligible for support through SEISS
Your donation will:
- Provide food and other essentials through for our food bank, The Exchange
- Deliver free online drama and creative workshops for young people
- Employ freelancers and artists to deliver online sessions, and support commissions for when our theatre reopens
With huge losses to our earned income, your donations are more important than ever. Please give what you can.